Sep 25, 2011

Munbe Vaa En Anbe Vaa - Tamizh Duet Cover by Shreedhar Ganapathy & Bijayshree

“Music is so important. It changes thinking, it influences everybody, whether they know it or not. Music knows no boundary lines.” -Irving Berlin
For many of us, the lyric of a song is very important for emoting the song’s actual spirit, but there are songs that do not really need any translation, because the music speaks for itself. I remember as a child I was exposed to a variety of music, most of them are in Hindi, Oriya, & Bangla. The first ever Tamil song I actually heard was years back when the original Roja movie released. My cousin brother gifted me the album. I was instantly taken by the melody, the instruments, the vocals, even if I didn’t understand a word of the song. I became a great fan of A R Rehman. Me & my didi used to sing Chinna china asai every now & then without even knowing or caring about the meaning.
Munbe Vaa En Anbe Vaa is a song very close to my heart. I am so happy to record this one with Mr Shreedhar Ganapathy whom I really respect a lot as a good human being & as a very talented artist. Starting from suggesting a good microphone to taking care of the mixing part, he did it all.
A Big Thank you Shreedharji. It is a wonderful experience working with you.
This song needs no introduction as it is from the great music maestro A R Rehman. However, this is my first Tamil song here at Muziboo.
I will appreciate & welcome any feed back from all of you. 


Mr. Shreedhar Ganapathy's thought: 
Abouth a month or so ago, our highly talented and gifted vocalist, Dr. Bijayshree Samal (Shree), came up with a great suggestion to do a Tamizh duet, Munbe Vaa, a beautiful romantic song from the Movie Sillunu Oru Kaadhal with Music composed by maestro A R Rahman.
I am delighted to say this turned out to be a memorable experience for us.
Shree brought out the subtle nuances of the song very well with her beautiful voice and expressions. Given that Tamizh is not her mother tongue, I specially felt this was commendable.
I very much enjoyed working with her on this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud to know you Bijayshree Apa.

Regards

Monica (daughter of Prof. Shashadhar Samal & Dr. Rupasree Ragini Das)

Bijayashree said...

Thank you Monica for the lovely comment. How is Sir & madam?

alok said...

HI,BIJAYASHREE.YOU ARE A PROUD TO TALK ABOUT FOR US(ODIYA).YOU ARE RIGHT THAT YOU HAVE A VERY STRANGE COMBINATIONS OF MUSIC AND CHEMISTRY.BUT I MUST SAY THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE MORE IN THIS SMALL WORLD WITH THE SAME COMBINATIONS AND I AM ONE OF THOSE.BUT I MUST SAY I CANT SING LIKE YOU.YOU R TOO GOOD.JUST BEST WISHESS AND SHARE YOUR MUSIC WITH US.THANKS:ALOK(JULU)A MUSIC LOVER FROM CUTTACK ODISHA.

Bijayashree said...

Hi Alok
Thank you for the lovely comment. I am so happy that you too sing. Keep singing. If you would like to get the update of my blog, you can follow my blog. Pls see the sidebar or bottom to follow:)
best,
Shree