Jan 13, 2010

Let's Talk Yummy!!

Spring rolls, A Sunday's 'Eye Candy'


I prepared these spicy and colourful spring rolls on last Sunday evening to bit the ever going snow fall in Geneva and to make everything look little colourful than all white!! Of course, I like snow fall but this time all is little more..
The other day I was reading about the world's healthiest foods, reasons?? well, obviously every body wants to look good at the end of the day. So, the journey continues 24/7 and all we hunt for something really magical and zooooom....Pretty woman!!
So to be very honest I am not here to discuss all those healthy stuffs, moreover there are thousands of websites, blogs and TV- shows for that. But the one thing which I could certainly mention is that we do try hard to maintain a strict diet plan until one day it just evaporates at the sight of some yummy, colourful, spicy, mouth watering..etc. etc.(I can really go on talking nice ) junk foods and after all those strong promises, we do love to eat such types of food at times. However, there is no harm until and unless we know the limit. So we had a great time eating those spring rolls and I will go on cooking these kind of stuffs, being a typical Indian. But just because I got to know something new and would like to share:
  • Include Winter squash as part of your everyday diet, if possible, you can really get them easily these days. Winter Squash is one of the richest sources of plant based anti-inflammatory nutrients such as omega-3s and beta-carotene, which are important for a strong immune system to help protect against colds and flu.
  • You can also include Mushrooms which contain Vitamin-D since we are hardly able to see sun light in Swiss especially in winter.
I believe it will help all my vegan friends.
Until next,
Keep the faith..
Shree 

No comments: